Monday, January 24, 2011

Multicoloured Salad




The other night, back from a hearty dinner at a friends' house, I wanted something fresh and light, therefor I made this simple mixed salad. I didn't go to the shops so I used what I had in the fridge and the store cupboard:
green salad, radicchio (red-leafed chicory), onions, tomatoes, carrots, parmesan cheese all tossed with balsamic vinegar, salt and oil.
I repeat that I used what I had at home but if you love salads, you can satisfy yours' whims, you can add corn, or substitute the cheese with chicken or turkey breast (take the chicken and cook it in a non-stick pan without seasoning, then chop it), you can also substitute the cheese with tuna in olive oil or in brine, but in this case replace the vinegar with lemon juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment