Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rabbit with fennel


Here I am! I apologise for having neglected you a little bit in recent weeks, but I am on vacation and... travel here, wander there, the connection is not always available. Then, of course, I don't have my stove and I don't cook much, indeed I don't cook at all.
 Today I suggest you a recipe that I made some time ago and I would have liked to post before, but I have been busy in doing packing and several preparations.
 Rabbit with fennel is a very good and tasty second course, a really good and simple to prepare dish that I really suggest you to try.

Serves 4

Ingredients:

A chopped rabbit of about 1.2 kg (2.65 pounds)
Sausage 150 g (5.29 oz)
Fennel 4
Carrots 2
A stalk of celery
An onion
2 tablespoons of pine nuts
White wine to taste
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

 Wash the rabbit pieces. Clean and slice the fennel. Peel and dice the sausages. Peel and chop the onion, the carrots and the celery, let them sautè in a pan with the oil for 2-3 minutes. Add the chopped sausage and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the rabbit pieces and let them brown for 4-5 minutes, stirring them many times. Add a tablespoon of chopped pine nuts, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with half a glass of wine, let evaporate over high heat, lower the heat, cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes, add the fennel and cook for other 20 minutes. Remove the lid and cook over high heat until the rabbit is evenly browned. Complete with the remaining pine nuts, previously toasted for 2-3 minutes in a nonstick skillet.
 Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment